The Analytical Chemist is expected to demonstrate technical proficiency on a variety of specific test methods and is responsible for conducting all studies according to applicable standards. The Analytical Chemist plays a key role within the chemistry department by drawing on his/her extensive experience and technical expertise to help complete projects in a timely manner. The Analytical Chemist must be an independent, self-starter.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands project scope, expectations, and requirements.
- Conducts assigned technical tasks producing accurate, timely results used for decisions at a project level.
- Performs chemical analyses of substances pertain to company projects, including but not limited to Sample preparation, instrument operation, data processing and report generation.
- Conducts instrument maintenance, creates and manages Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Exhibit good discriminatory judgment in evaluating results of those tasks, and suggests conclusions and process improvements based on these results.
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry with 1-3 years’ experience in a laboratory environment, preferable within industrial setting.
- Well versed in fundamental wet chemistry and sample preparation techniques including extraction, clean-up, and purification of samples for analysis.
- Working experience with chromatographic instrumentation such as HPLC, LC/MS and ion exchange chromatography, with the ability of running routine chromatography methodologies as well as developing and validating new methods.
- Additional experience working with UV-Vis, Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Microscopy is a plus.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative residue analysis is preferred.