The Associate Scientist is responsible for performing experiments for projects, in collaboration with others as directed. Additionally, the scientist prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. The candidate will have an understanding of and the ability to apply established principles, theories and concepts in area of responsibility. Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature. The Associate Scientist is also responsible for inventory, maintenance, ordering supplies and general quality compliance.
- Implement experiments for product development and design validation for and to support next generation sequencing.
- Quality control, documentation, and organization of materials and procedures.
- Complete work in a timely fashion while maintaining notebooks and documentation according to procedures and protocols outlined by LG quality system.
- Write, implement, and follow SOP’S, training materials and other technical documents.
- Additional responsibilities may include computer work, not limited to data management, analysis, and presentation.
Position Qualifications (including physical):
- Requires BS in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 1-4 years laboratory experience or MS with 0-2 years experience or comparable, which may include a Bachelor of Science/Medical Technology.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills, and training skills. Knowledge of cGMP, ISO, CLIA or other certifying agencies a plus.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to communicate scientific information effectively.
- Familiar with Windows, network connections, Excel and MS Word.
- Dynamic, hardworking and action orientated.
- Knowledge of molecular and/or general biology
- Must be able to readily lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Work hour availability must be flexible, not conforming to a standard 40 hour work week.
- Laboratory and PCR experience preferred
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and CV to email@example.com.