We are seeking a molecular biologist/biochemist with the primary responsibility of overseeing the reagent development for a cutting-edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) platform. The activities will include experimental design, analysis of experimental data, identification of novel research and development of alternatives, and directing the molecular biology team performing experiments. There will be a strong emphasis on projects with both in-house and external groups. It is expected that this position will participate in planning activities including development goals based on innovations in the NGS field. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment that values innovative ideas.
- Plan and manage all day-to-day molecular biology activities including experimental design, data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Develop and optimize protocols for NGS and other related assays, which may include DNA/RNA extraction, library preparation, quantitation, amplification, qPCR and Sanger sequencing.
- Perform literature and product searches to remain current on the NGS landscape and assist in developing new methods and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with partners to ensure design and development of high-quality reagent kits.
- Present data to the company, company management and external groups.
- Perform laboratory work, as needed to manage team workload. Design and maintain quality documentation.
- Manage department specific timelines, milestones, and budget in accordance with company policies.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Degree in molecular biology or similar, advanced degree preferred, with 3+ years laboratory management. History of product and commercialization a plus.
- Extensive, hands-on knowledge of NGS molecular biology, including library design, adapter design and sequencing strategies.
- Experience in quality certified commercial molecular diagnostic company (ISO, cGMP) or production laboratory (i.e. CLIA, CAP certified) is required.
- Previous team and project management is required.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work in a cooperative, interactive group setting.
- Highly organized with ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-driven and assertive in order to successfully perform the duties defined above.
- Computer skills including Microsoft suite required, statistical and NGS analyses a plus.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.