Fast-paced startup company with novel sequencing technology seeks motivated next-generation sequencing (NGS) analysts to analyze data and assist in the development of software products for our novel NGS platform. Successful candidates will have experience in NGS data production & analysis, preferably including short-read sequence alignment and variant calling. Multiplatform analysis experience is a plus.
- Work with a cross-functional team of scientists, software developers, and engineers to develop a novel NGS platform.
- Apply, maintain, and support cutting-edge pipelines for the analysis and interpretation of NGS data from sequence production to variant calling and interpretation.
- Analyze large-scale genomic datasets acquired internally and through collaboration with others.
- Participate in the technical development process of an emerging NGS platform.
- Apply state-of-the-art computational methods, and assist in the development of innovative approaches to software challenges that touch all aspects of NGS data analysis.
- Ensure that application of software tools adheres to regulatory controls for medical diagnostic software packages.
- Maintain expertise in the science and application of genomic technologies, and stay aware of emerging trends in NGS analysis processes.
Education Requirements and experience:
- Master’s degree (or similar years of experience) in bioinformatics, genetics, or computer science, or similar with:
- A minimum of 1 year industrial/university (genome sequencing center) experience in the field of NGS data analysis
- Experience with and an understanding of alignment, BAM processing and variant calling tools used in NGS analysis best practices.
Required skill sets:
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Java & Python and/or Perl
- Experience with software development on Linux or windows