Fast-paced small startup company with novel sequencing technology seeks motivated next-generation sequencing (NGS) analyst/developers to analyze data and develop software products for our new NGS platform. Successful candidates will have 3+ years of experience in NGS data production & analysis and will have contributed to the development of novel or custom NGS analysis software. Experience must include short-read sequence alignment and variant calling; image analysis and base-calling experience a plus.
- Work with a cross-functional team of scientists, software developers, and engineers to develop a novel NGS platform.
- Build and support cutting-edge pipelines for the analysis and interpretation of NGS data from sequence production to variant calling and interpretation.
- Analyze large-scale genomic datasets acquired internally and through collaboration with others.
- Participate in the technical development process of an emerging NGS platform.
- Implement state-of-the-art computational methods, and develop innovative approaches to software challenges that touch all aspects of NGS data analysis.
- Ensure that software adheres to regulatory controls for medical diagnostic software packages.
- Maintain expertise in the science and application of genomic technologies.
Education Requirements and experience:
- Doctorate degree (or similar years of experience) in bioinformatics, genetics, or computer science, or similar with:
- A minimum of 3 years industrial/university (genome sequencing center) experience in the field of NGS bioinformatics algorithms/software development
- Experience with and an understanding of alignment, BAM processing, and variant calling tools used in NGS analysis best practices.
Required skill sets:
- C++ and/or Java & Python and/or Perl
- Experience with software development on Linux or windows