Lasergen is currently looking to add a software engineer with experience in image processing. This position offers the opportunity to solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of developers. The position may be based in Houston or San Diego.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or related field; PhD preferred
- Demonstrated experience in image processing
- Experience working within a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers and software engineers
- Expertise in programming in C or C++, with particular expertise in multi-threading and parallelization
- Ability to select algorithms and approaches for image processing problems or design new algorithms, as required
- Strong math skills with the ability to code complex algorithms from publications and equations
- Solid understanding of data fitting methods and statistics
- Good working practices with regard to source control, issue tracking, unit testing, documentation and build environments
- Several years of industrial experience and software products shipped
- Experience in adapting code for FPGA or GPGPU and openCV
- Experience with statistical packages for numerical analysis, e.g. R, Matlab
- Experience analyzing fluorescence-derived images and images from microscopes
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.